Wednesday 18 April 2007

What actually happened in Cuba

Basically, I had a crap time and im not going to even mention details apart from the fact that I met a random Cuban lad who declared his undying love for me. Uhuh. He was, I have to say, devestatingly hot.
On the first night in Havana (yes Havana, the apparently 'famous' capital of Cuba, although I, for one, had never heard of it) I was sitting down at a table in the lobby with my family just staring up at the ceiling, when at the corner of my eye, I noticed someone staring at me. I HATE being stared at. Well actually, thats a lie. I don't mind people staring at me, as long as they're not an ugly, topless, old man with a beer belly.
...Anyway, so this guy, dark hair, red t-shirt (why do I remember that?!), dark eyes was looking at me :)! I looked back, and we shared a moment until I almost choked on my sandwich. After that I just went upstairs to bed and didn't think of the incident until the same thing happened the next day (without the sandwich part), except this time when I walked past him to get to the lift, he stopped me. He asked me to dance (of course, I didn't understand what he was saying until he actually stood up and mimed dancing with a partner. Not my fault I don't speak spanish...). I froze. What the hell am I s'posed to say to that?! Blaitently I ended up saying no because, well, he's Cuban, and so obviously dances 86635672million times better than me and im too proud to admit that I could show myself up so easily to a BOY. He looked sad, and I went to bed. My mum came up and told me that he'd gone up to her and asked her to bring me back down. So she asked me, but im lazy so I said no.
[[Sorry readers, this is'nt suposed to be so utterly boring.]]
I ended up, and I don't remember how, going to an over 18's salsa night club!!! (SO cannot beleive I got in!!) It was me, my mum, my mum's friend, and Hottie (the hot guy) Yes..we danced but thats pretty much it. The me and the family went to the other side of the island for a week, and got back to the Havana hotel on the friday.
We met Hottie and my idiot of a 'caring' mother, left us alone not realising that her daughter doesn't speak spanish! He tried babbaling something at me, but I just gave him the blank "god I really wish he'd shut up" look, so he took me over to this strange, mysterious man who, afterwards turned out to be a security guard. The mysterious man translated what hottie was saying to me. Here's what I got out of it: I love you, I didn't stop thinking about you the whole week and I'm crazy about you. Dude....not the kind of thing to tell a 14 year old girl from the other side of the world when you've only known her a week. Especially when Hottie is 18!!! (did i mention he was 18??)
I bet you readers are interested now! But I'm tired so I'm gonna wait until next time I use the computer to finish this off. HA CLIFHANGER! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx MMG (moanie Miss Groanie)

No comments: